So you are a runner, cyclist or swimmer why do you want to waste time on strength training? Here is a couple of very good reasons.
Here are a couple of very good reasons.
- Muscle burns fat even if you are sedentary, it means more cookies.
- All exercise fights depression, even strength training especially if you can fit into those old jeans.
- It fights osteoporosis (loss of bone mass).
- It can help you be better at your chosen sport and help prevents injuries.
- It will help you move easier when I started my exercise journey I couldn’t get up a flight of stairs without knee pain. Since then I have climbed various hikes with loads of stairs and no pain at all due to regular squats and lunges.
- It lowers your risk of becoming diabetic.
- It is good for your heart, and it can also decrease your blood pressure.
- Your blood sugar level will be better.
- Prevents back pain. When doing the right exercises the muscles at your back strengthens which in turn prevents back pain or other pains.
- Improve balance, regular strength training exercises is very good for improving balancing muscles as you use them for your exercises.
- Females won’t’s get bulky. As a female you do not have enough testosterone to build big muscles on your own, in order to get bulky you need to use steroids. So go ahead lift those heavy weights.
- All exercise improves your mental strength and just like running is a mental game.
- You will look and feel better. Strength training helps you look more toned which will give you a mental boost as well.
Note of warning if you want to start strength training, your form is very important or you can end up injuring yourself. Even something as simple as a squat has some lifting rules to it; like make sure your knees are over your toes, plant your heels firmly on the ground shoulder width apart etc.
It might be best to get a personal training to help you with your strength training program, especially in the beginning.
You can pop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a personal trainer.