Please note: The 4 Hills for Lindsay will not take place in 2018. Runners are urged to find alternate training runs.
The Strand Athletic Club will be hosting one such training run. See info below:
In order to help our members preparing for the Comrades, we have a yearly “Comrades run”.
This year the run will take place on 6 May.
It will start from Gordon’s Bay and end in Kleinmond.
The full route is 50km with shorter routes available.
Runners are welcome to contact Celia Pienaar (contact detail listed below) for more information.
Celia Pienaar (0825755688)
FB: Strand Athletics Club
The run starts from the FHAC following Kommetjie road through to Kommetjie
– over Slangkop (Hill 1, seaview 1)
– continue along Misty Cliffs towards Scarborough
– through to the Red Hill Split, follow the Cape Point Road for 3km before turning around (old Red Hill Marathon loop), run over Red Hill (Hill 2, seaview 2)
– run down into Simonstown – left along the main road to Glencairn
– left over Black Hill (Hill 3, seaview 3)
– continue straight , at 2nd set of traffic lights turn left into Noordhoek Road
– after about 2.5kms turn right into Silvermine Road – climb to top of hill – turn right onto Ou Kaapse Weg (Hill 4, seaview 4)
– run down hill until you reach 2nd set of traffic lights
– at stop street turn right into Corsair Road
– at traffic lights join Kommetjie Road
– turn left on 20th and back to the FHAC (where the showers will be hot and the beers will be cold!).
– Lastly, remember to ring the bell in honour of Lindsey when you finish your run.
Runners are well looked after at the finish (just ask anyone who has done one of these runs previously!)
The “4 Hills for Lindsay” 56km LONG TRAINING RUN is organised and manned entirely by members of the Fish Hoek Athletic Club. The run forms part of our build up to this year’s COMRADES MARATHON.
This run is our club’s acknowledgement, recognition and support of the time, effort and commitment of each Comrades runner in his/her preparation for the big event.
The run is intended to be a DRESS REHEARSAL for Comrades. Race day conditions are simulated as best as possible with full seconding tables every 3km.
The support crews are all PROUDLY FISH HOEK and pride themselves on providing the best possible support and care for all the runners along the route.
This is NOT A RACE! There are no marshals, medals, prize money or cut-off times. The emphasis is on long slow running where runners are given the opportunity to try out different drinks and eats on route, try different strategies ie. run/walk, squeezie intake, pit stops etc etc.
There are NO ‘CLEAN-UP’ squads (the seconders need to move on to their next station) so runners are required to hold on to their water sachets and dispose of them at the next refreshment table. Failure to do so will result in a banning from any further FHAC training runs!
This run is not hosted for PROFIT. A fee of R120 is charged to cover the cost of the refreshments. No expense is spared in providing the best possible support for the participating runners.
Runners are expected to adhere to TRAFFIC RULES at all times. Motorists have right of way.
Support crews appreciate words of THANKS.
All runners undertake to participate at their own risk and the organisers will not accept any liability for any injury, illness or accident occurring during or as a result of the training run.